Sugar Addict? Yes.
This recipe was inspired by a post that Emily B.(so weird, to this day I still wanna say Emily L.) posted a couple of years ago. It is super fantabulous, and can be adapted in several ways. I don't remember the original recipe, but here is how I make it.
1 loaf of Challah Bread(buy the loaf whole. Do not buy precut and do not let them cut it... they always cut it WAY too thin).
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup milk(2% or fatter... none of that nonfat crap)
1 Egg Whole
1 Egg Yolk
1 Tbsp Vanilla (or add in some dark rum, or you could use any other flavor additive... see note about the rum version later).
Sprinkle of Cinnamon(not too much)
2 cups of topper (either powdered sugar or a mixture of cinnamon and sugar).
1. Cut the loaf of bread into 1-1.5 inches thickness.
2. Mix Cream, Milk, Eggs, and Vanilla and Cinnamon.
3. Heat Skillet over medium heat with Butter (not a ton, just enough to coat the bottom of the skillet.
4.Dip the slices of bread in the mixture. Make sure to get each side and even allow it to sit for a second to really get into the bread.
5. Cook in skilled until each side is nice and toasted.
6. immediately roll in either powdered sugar (or whatever else you want to roll it in).
Adding Rum can be super yummy and served with a Banana's Foster is SUPER delish. It will put you in a sugar coma, but it's great for a late night indulgence when you get home at 3am.