Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Roasted Winter Vegetables...Not for the sissys.

I'm on a winter vegetable kick this week.  This side dish was made to accompany broiled chicken breasts.  Good companions for sure!

4 good sized sweet potatoes (Peeled and cut into small shapes(whatever you're feeling.  I like mine cut into thinner strips that get a little crispy.)
4 medium parsnips (peeled, cored and cut similarly to SPs.  They are about the same densness and take the same amount of time to cook, so even size is important).
1 Large Onion(I cut mine into strips)
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Herbs (fresh is always best, unfortunately, I had none fresh, so I used a mix of dried rosemary and thyme... worked out just fine).
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Preheat oven to 450F

Mix all ingredients together well and pour into a prepared roasting pan.

The larger the pan, the more air the vegetables get and therefore the more crispy they will be. I cooked mine for a total of 45 minutes, turning the vegetables about every 15 minutes.

Picture to come later(when I download it and figure out how to load it)

No comments:

Post a Comment